Monday, March 8, 2010

Who's side am I?

I am product of e-learning and I find it very good. I studied Cisco networking and everything is online like lectures, laboratory’s (simulation), discussions, quizzes and exams. I learned a lot from it and aside from that I found out that it’s cheaper and safe because of the laboratory was done in simulation. If it is in real laboratory it will cost more expensive because of the facilities and a risk to get it damage for example you mix up with the cables or not set right port or plug. However, until now e learning is still remains a big debate in my work place most probably in my country. These are the four main reasons; First, we don’t have enough facilities to put up e-learning because of lack of resources. Second, most of our students can’t afford to have their own PC at home. Third, most of our teachers are not open to accept e-learning because for them it’s another way of teaching again they will be push to learn how it works and they don't like it. Lastly, most of the teachers and parents think that digital or technology is an enemy or hindrance of every child's learning.

I agree with what Michael Welch said that this media environment is a new learning environment for students to create and make learning more meaningful. Students today are what we called digital learners then teachers must engage with them because we can’t deny that it exists. This video that I would like to share supports to Michael Welch article and videos. I hope that you will be convince too...

Click this Pay Attention


1 comment:

e Learning said...

I see your point. There are lots of disadvantages with e Learning but I think that it has more advantages. But I believe that E learning is very essential.