Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reflection on Group presentation

E-learning becomes significant in most institution globally as a new way of teaching and learning. However, institutions are facing overwhelming task in re-adjusting and re-organizing themselves as they integrate e-learning in instructions (Marshall, S. & Taylor, W., 2009). In addition, adoption of e-learning by faculty is difficult because the faculty opposed to accept that e-learning enhances the learning interaction between students and faculty (Abel R. 2005).

The group that catches my attention was the group who presented on “Can't or won't? - personal and practical obstacles in implementing e-learning. The group has clearly elaborated the barriers which are not new to me because it exists in my workplace. On the other hand, a major barrier for some school institutions in my country (Philippines) is financial resources because the institution does not have enough funds to acquire the facilities needed for e-learning. Although, there are e-learning trainings conducted for selected teachers in each institution every summer or sometimes during weekend. However, when teachers go back to their institution they, can not apply what they have learned because there are not enough facilities for e-learning. The group suggested solutions I think would be a great help for me as I go home. I would like to introduce the solutions to my supervisor so that we can help teachers in using e-learning.

The group presentations last week had contributed much to my learning. Thus, it assists me on how to solve some barriers in e-learning we had in my workplace. In addition, are the free softwares that I could use to support e-learning. I am truly grateful to everyone for sharing all their expertise

1 comment:

Lynne S said...

Hi Anjie
Glad they were helpful - and yes money is always a problem. There are arguments that over the longer term, elearning can bring cost savings..... but there are arguments that educational institutions just have face the need for continually upgrading and developing new applications etc if they are to prepare students for employment in 21st century

Lynne